They're so cute too! How can you resist?
Vegan Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Topping
Recipe Adapted from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
3/4 cup of soy milk
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (the original calls for natural, but that's really not necessary)
1/4 cup canola oil (the original calls for much more, but it's not necessary either, especially if you use normal PB)
2/3 cup sugar (I added 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 white sugar-- you can't tell the difference)
2 tbsp molasses or sorghum (I always have sorghum around.)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground flaxseeds
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
OPTIONAL: a bit of melted chocolate for the topping; peanuts for garnish
1. Preheat the ocen to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Mine were jumbo liners, but I realized that after the fact.
2. Mix soy milk with vinegar and set aside to curdle.
3. In a large bowl, mix together PB, oil, sugar, molasses, vanilla, ground flaxseeds. Add the soy milk mixture until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until JUST combined. Not too much, now!
5. Fill cupcake liners two-thirds full. Bake for 23 to 26 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
6. OPTIONAL: When cooled a bit, place on wax paper or protective surface and pour melted chocolate over the top, then garnish with peanuts. I think this step is pretty unnecessary, but it looks prettier for parties 'n things.